Saturday 23 June 2012

But I can't Draw!

Both groups have now had their first session. The two groups come on different days but follow the same structure and both admitted to being very nervous. When I started with my introduction 'Anyone Can Draw' I could see that they wished it were true but maybe not too convinced right now.

Their first task was to draw something from memory and BINGO panic spread across each face.
However this was all about recording where they are right now so they can look back as they develop. The rest of the day found them settling in and taking on some challenging excercises.

It is amazing how little confidence adults have in their abilities but each of them really did feel they had achieved something more by the end of the day.

Quite frankly after a gruelling 5 hours working in their drawing diaries I am absolutely delighted at how much skill they already have. Just needing unleashing and am so looking forward to working with them over the next few weeks.

So do your homework guys and see you next week!

So here are a couple of shots from my Thursday class hard at it.

Next week images from lesson 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment