Saturday 25 August 2012

Portraits 2

The second week of portrait drawing from the students.
Some 2D studies from photographs.




And some live portraits.
My personal thanks to their long-suffering partners who sat as models for these studies.

Phil 

By drawing a living person it is so difficult to get the dimensions right.
From a photo you can measure everything and compare with each other.
But again I really enjoyed doing it and this time I could see how the others did their job
and I could improve myself by comparing their drawings with mine.

 Marian

I have really enjoyed the portrait drawing and am delighted that I can now produce convincing people, but the better I become the more frustrated I am at not being able to quite capture a true likeness. Getting the features in the right place on the angled head was incredibly difficult - I eventually had to erase the border to trick my brain out of trying to make his features symmetrical with it rather than his head.
Peter was a pleasure to draw as he has such good strong features - but oh dear, will he ever forgive me for the results.



 Judy

I'm finding drawing people from life a lot more difficult due to the big difference a slight shift in position makes and the changing light. I'm still really drawing people. I'm not quite able to make the drawings look exactly like the person but part of the fascination for me is seeing that tiny changes in angle, length or weight of line and shading can make such a huge difference and I think I end up falling in love a little bit with whoever I'm drawing.














No comments:

Post a Comment